Wednesday, June 11, 2014

End of the Year


  • What do you know now that you did not on February 1st?  
I learned how to use my camera better. When I got the camera for my 15th birthday, my dad told me he'd be willing to teach me. But we both got busy and I continued to take my photos with my old camera. It wasn't until this class that I really picked up my camera and got to know her. 

  • Which project is your best work? Why? 
 I think I liked my portraits and self portraits the best. They turned out just how I wanted them to and I was able to work with black and white, which I love. It was a lot of fun to work with my friends to make art that I'm actually good at for once. I loved to make my own self portraits because it gave my a chance to express myself free of judgement from the others around me.
  • What type of photography and processes are your favorite? Why?
I enjoyed working with black and white photos the most because I feel like it expresses something in this world that color just can't. It makes me feel new. I loved to take portraits and nature photos. With portraits, I could capture how everyone else around me was feeling and make it known to others. I could take already beautiful people, and make them prettier. With nature, I was able to capture things that are hard to see with the naked eye, like a bug flying by the flowers or water droplets on the petals. It made me feel like the world wasn't all technology and people, like there was something much simpler.  


  • What did you learn about yourself? 
I learned that I love photography! It makes me happier inside and out. I can express myself like everyone else does but with art. It has helped me to see the world differently and to look at everything as if I was seeing it through a lens. I don't just have to dance it all out anymore, I can practice perfecting something that not only I'm proud of, but also what makes my dad proud of me. I can see just how happy he is when I take a good picture. 

  •  What were your challenges this semester? 
It was really hard at first to become creative but over time, it got easier and easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment